Tuesday 30 January 2018

Sizzix Miniatures


Sewing Book die by Eileen Hull for Sizzix

I do like a good Sizzix die, they lend themselves to so many possibilities. Following on from making a few of the Eileen Hull TN journals using Sizzix, I found this little needle book beauty (for my UK friends - I found mine on Amazon). Yes, yes, I *know* it's for making little fabric books to put your sewing needles in but it makes a great little journal don't you think?!


I began by cutting the covers from mountboard and then giving them a good solid layer of black gesso. Then I added patches of colour using the DecoArt Premium Americanas in Primary Yellow, Cadmium Red, Primary Magenta, Vermillion Hue, Yellow Green Light.


And then when that dried I added just a bit more paint for a bit more colour (can't have too much colour!)


A bit of stamping (Paper Artsy, The Artistic Stamper, Wendy Vecchi,) doodling, and half a collaged butterfy:



I cut some pages to fit and distressed them a little...


...punched some holes in the spine with a crop-o-dile, and then added the signatures with cord elastic:


Ta-da!


I was lucky enough to attend Creativation last week with Gel Press (more about that in a later post) and who should I bump into while I was there?!

Me with the lovely Eileen Hull








4 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous I love how bright the cover is. Eileen is a fabulous designer, love the photo of you both. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how bright the colors are against the black gesso. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the beauty of Eileen's dies is there versatility and coming up with other uses is such fun!! Love what you did with this die Kath, the colours are fabulous... Eileen really is a lovely lady and it is a great photo! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is super cute and I can imagine how small it is in relation to the size of the button!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!